Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cake decorating course on making roses:





Hello there,


I'm going to happily join you for tea today, with just a little post.




Still struggling with leg and foot problems, but I did want to share some more pictures of my cake decorating journey.  This is the picture of cupcakes that I decorated one day after learning to do the icing roses, and you can see that with just a little extra practice, technique gets better.  Practice makes 'perfect-er', if not yet perfect!


Happy Tuesday tea day my friends!

Getting to know each other. A list of ten fun facts concerning myself:  MMMMMmmmmm..... let me see..... what can I say?

1.  I am an avid collector of many beautiful things like  teacups, bears of every persuasion, (except live ones!) blue and white china, teapots, children's books, and anything else that takes my fancy.
2. I met the man of my dreams when I was a mere 17 years old and married  him 29 years later, a first marriage for both of us.
3.  I am allergic to lobster.
4.  I am the middle child of seven.
5.  It is a desire of mine to own 25 pairs of lovely, wearable shoes, no small feat (feet!?!) considering I have a size 11 quadruple E foot and have to have my shoes custom made.
6.  I will eat almost any food at least once to see if I like it, except for bugs or tripe, the sight of which makes my skin crawl, and I can't imagine putting it in my mouth. 
7. Amethyst is both my birthstone and my favorite gem. followed closely by diamonds, and pearls. 
8.  I enjoy quilling, which is a craft comprised of hand-curled strips of paper glued together to form a design that looks very much like wrought-iron work.
9.  I am a strawberry blonde who, at 53, does not have to dye her hair.
10 I adore bright red lipstick, even though I can't wear it myself.

THAT WAS ARDUOUSLY DIFFICULT.  If there was a number 11, it would be that I love using big, bold and unusual words. Phew, that is all I have in me today!  Until next time, dear bloggerites!

What about you?

Perhaps some tea trivia;

What teas and foods do you like?



P. S. ~ I'm so sorry my dear blog friends, yet due to my health issues at times, and also my work schedule, I'm not always able to visit you , yet I thank you very much for visiting me!

Warmest regards,
Rose, a.k.a./ Scone Queen

1 comment:

  1. So lovely to have you partake once again Rose!

    THAT'S QUITE A LIST ALSO.., INTERESTING. I DIDN'T KNOW FOR INSTANCE, THAT YOU LOVED RED LIPSTICK, YET DIDN'T THINK YOU COULD WEAR IT. ~ I THINK IN THE RIGHT SHADE OF RED, YOU'D BE SURPRISED JUST HOW GOOD IT WOULD LOOK ON YOU!!

    AS FOR TEA, I LOVE, CREAM OF EARL GREY TEA WITH A TINY SPLOSH OF CREAM AND A LUMP OF DEMERARA SUGAR. A FRESH SCONE, WITH CLOTTED CREAM AND JAM WOULD PAIR WITH IT NICELY! ~ ( YOURS PREFERABLY)! Yum!

    Hugs, Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete